Credo: Compendium of the Catholic Faith
- On most items U.S. shipping is a flat rate of $6 and free for orders over $75
- Usually ships in 3-5 business days
The most up-to-date “catechism” in print! For the first time in over fifty years, a Catholic bishop has published his own comprehensive presentation of the Faith—what to believe, how to live, and how to pray as Christ taught.
Sure to be a classic for generations to come, Credo: Compendium of the Catholic Faith offers a clear and readable summary of Catholicism as a whole, given in the pastoral style of the apostles. Using the simple and direct “Question–Answer” format so popular among instructors (and internet search engines), Bishop Athanasius Schneider shares a bold new articulation of timeless truths, while also engaging current issues with courage and kindness.
After an Introduction outlining Christian identity and doctrine, Part I unpacks what Catholics believe, following the articles of the Apostle’s Creed. Part II explains the principles of right moral action, following the Commandments. Part III teaches on grace, the sacraments, prayer, and worship. Appendices include the five major Christian Creeds, and a stellar Index (plus unique headers and bleed tabs) makes navigating the book delightfully easy.
Including treatments of several contemporary issues:
- social media use,
- personal technology,
- science and evolution,
- just war, death penalty,
- gender ideology, modesty,
- vaccines, health mandates,
- world religions, true prayer,
- faithful parenting, schooling,
- religious liberty, free speech,
- female clergy, Church scandal,
- infallibility, magisterium, error,
- pornography, sex education,
- Sunday work, right worship,
- Communism, Freemasonry,
- globalism, transhumanism,
- charismatic movement,
- marijuana, drug use,
- authentic renewal,
- and more!
This book keeps selling out and the publisher is having a hard time keeping it in stock. As a result, it may take up to two weeks for your book to ship.