The Night Before Christmas Hardcover: The Classic Edition
- On most items U.S. shipping is a flat rate of $6 and free for orders over $75
- Usually ships in 3-5 business days
The Night Before Christmas is an enchanting Christmas story that has brought Santa to life for generations, and here is the #1 New York Times bestselling edition of this classic poem.
'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse
These opening lines from the famous Christmas poem initially published anonymously as A Visit from Saint Nicholas, and credited as a work by Clement Clark Moore, have been inspiring kids and captivating their minds as they prepare for the coming Santa and his reindeer. Carry on a family tradition or start one of your own with this new version of the classic Christmas book for children and families. This edition includes:
- A beautifully designed hardcover with an embossed foil-stamped cover
- A large four-page foldout that helps immerse you in the story
- Lavish illustrations by renowned, New York Times #1 Bestselling artist Charles Santore, the critically-acclaimed illustrator of multiple classic tales, including The Velveteen Rabbit, The Classic Tale of Peter Rabbit, and Aesop's Fables.
- A nod to Dutch references in the poem, specifically the Dutch name "Donder" which translates to "thunder"
The work of New York Times bestselling children's book illustrator Charles Santore has been widely exhibited in museums and celebrated with recognitions such as the prestigious Hamilton King Award, the Society of Illustrators Award of Excellence, and the Original Art 2000 Gold Medal from the Society of Illustrators. He is best known for his luminous interpretations of classic children's stories, including The Little Mermaid, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Snow White, and The Wizard of Oz.